Atlanta Marathon: Mile 14 to 15 with Trees Atlanta
For the second year in a row, Trees Atlanta has been selected as one of the non-profits to Adopt a Marathon Mile and head up a cheer section with the Atlanta Marathon! Trees Atlanta will receive $2,500 from the Atlanta Marathon if we can fill our cheer section with at least 30 people! That will go towards more trees planted in Atlanta!
This volunteer assignment requires that you be loud, energetic, and cheer on runners. Might that be something you can do for us?? 🙂 Good! Last year, everyone came out in costume, made great signs, and it was a really fun time and we reached our goal. Want to cheer with us? Check out the details below:
- Time commitment on race day is from 7:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. Please be prepared to stay the whole time!
- Cheer Zone Location: Corner of N. Highland Avenue NE and Virginia Avenue NE. Map of the meeting spot is below.
- Street parking is available in surrounding area. The YMCA down the street (going south) towards the intersection of N. Highland Hudson Drive is also an option.
- Restrooms are located at the nearest water stop (south on N. Highland at the corner of Briarcliff Pl NE)
- Coffee and donuts will be provided! It’s going to be fun!