Community Clean-Up Day
Celebrate Earth Day with Whole Foods Market, Park Pride, Trees Atlanta and Atlanta BeltLine!
Chosewood Park is the gem of the Chosewood Neighborhood. It’s 5 acres of forest were recently visited by a herd of sheep that enthusiastically ate the Chinese privet and English ivy that was overtaking the understory. During this project, volunteers will help continue the work of the sheep by removing ivy in places they couldn’t reach and by planting native perennials in the understory to replace what was previously smothered by the invasive plants. Volunteers will also be removing litter and performing maintenance tasks on walkways and existing plantings.
- It is important to arrive on time as we only provide one demonstration (it takes 10-20 minutes) and every volunteer needs to see it. We also want all volunteers to stay for the entire project, and not leave before we finish.
- This project is best for ages 6 and up. Volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian, and all volunteers between the ages of 16 and 17 who are not accompanied by a parent/guardian must have a parent/guardian sign a waiver for them (found here).
- Please wear closed-toed shoes or boots (waterproof is best), clothes that can get dirty, sunscreen and bug spray as needed.
- We recommend volunteers bring drinking water in a reusable container.
- This project will be hard work, so make sure to eat a good breakfast and come prepared to work hard. Snacks will be provided by Whole Foods.
- Projects happen rain or shine, so please check the weather beforehand and come prepared.
- We will provide all necessary tools and instruction, though volunteers may prefer to bring their own work gloves.
This project is sponsored by Whole Foods Market, in partnership with Park Pride, Trees Atlanta, and Chosewood Park.