Junior TreeKeeper Camp: Layers of the Urban Forest
Learn, explore, and play at Trees Atlanta’s Junior TreeKeeper Summer Camp! As a budding environmental steward, your stewardship and wonder for nature ensures a thriving urban forest for all generations.
Each week of summer camp (June through July) offers unique and fun experiential learning for Junior TreeKeepers through active play.
In “Layers of the Urban Forest” week, we will explore the different layers of the forest- the floor, understory, and canopy, with fun activities related to each. We’ll discover critters and plants that reside on the forest floor, ride our bikes under the understory, and learn to use binoculars to spot and identify our feathered friends in the canopy. Campers will translate their findings into creative art projects and experiments inside the TreeHouse.
In addition to a fun-filled week of adventure, campers will also receive:
• Official Jr. TreeKeeper hat (Available for Summer Camp or full-week registrations during School Break
Camps. Additional hats available for purchase.)
• Campers returning for a 2nd (or more) week of camp will receive a “Budding Environmental Steward”
patch for each additional week attended
• Camp journal and Trees Atlanta pencil, plus arts & crafts materials and supplies for all activities (except
where specific items are requested to be brought to camp)
• Admissions for all field trip(s), destinations may include: Fernbank Forest, Atlanta Botanical Garden,
Atlanta BeltLine Eastside and Westside Trail and Arboretum, the Splash pad on the BeltLine, city parks
and greenspaces, or other local point of interest, etc. depending on the day/week of camp attended*
• Pizza lunch on Friday* (Summer Camp only)
• Lifelong memories of making new friends and exploring the City in the Forest!
Learn more on our Summer Camp page.