Family Mountain Bike Tour: Southside Park
Join Colby Lyles, Trees Atlanta Youth Educator, for a beginner’s course in basic mountain biking. The program is aimed at 1st through 6th graders looking to explore the urban forest while improving their mountain bike skills. We will be accompanied by a League Cyclist who will lead a workshop that teaches the basic skills needed for the ride.
Meeting Location: Left-hand parking lot at the Atlanta Southside Sports Complex
Registrants must bring their own Bike and Helmet to participate in the program
BIKE SAFETY TIPS
– Terrain is easy to moderate.
– Some paths may be muddy and slippery, exercise caution.
– Dress appropriately: No open toe shoes
– Be prepared for weather and sun exposure, sunscreen is highly recommended.
– Bug spray is recommended.
– Bring personal drinking water and snacks to keep yourself hydrated and nourished for the ride.