Atlanta Canopy Conference
Early Bird Registration Open Now!
Atlanta Canopy Conference 2017
Giving Voice to Tree Protection
Trees Atlanta Kendeda Center
225 Chester Avenue SE, Atlanta, GA 30316
Friday, September 22, 2017
9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Canopy Cooler Networking Reception
5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
This year’s Atlanta Canopy Conference, Giving Voice to Tree Protection, will focus on effective tree protection ordinances and policies, organizations and people who advocate for trees, and practical strategies and tactics to better conserve Atlanta’s canopy cover. Tree protection is a community initiative.
Trees Atlanta seeks to empower our communities, inform public officials and employees, educate landscape and tree professionals, and give a clear and strong voice to tree protection advocates.
We will host a compelling roster of speakers. Experts and local advocates will offer fascinating insights into benchmark efforts from various southern cities, lessons learned from citizen advocates from Metro Atlanta, and proposals for improving Atlanta’s own tree ordinance.
The Canopy Conference features thought-provoking Opening and Closing Keynote speakers:
- Open Keynote: Susan West-Montgomery, Vice President, Preservation Resources, National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Closing Keynote: Alice Ewen, National Program Manager, U.S. Forest Service
- Cities Panel: Officials from Atlanta, Charlotte, Savannah, and Washington, D.C.
- Citizens Panel: Local advocates representing Beecher Hills, Briarcliff, Inman Park, Peachtree Hills, and Virginia-Highland.
- Recommended Ordinances for Atlanta, a Conversation: Tree ordinance expert, Connie Head, will explore the top ordinance changes Trees Atlanta advocates for adoption by the City of Atlanta.
In response to popular demand, this year’s conference will include additional time for lunch and networking, as well as, optional lunchtime activities available for all conference attendees. Attendees may elect to participate in any of these lunch break optional activities:
- Lunch: Boxed lunch and beverage is included with full-day conference registration.
- Atlanta BeltLine Tours: Three 30-minute walking tours, leaving Kendeda Center every 15 minutes.
- Lunch & Learn Session 1: Street tree planting in challenging urban environments
- Lunch & Learn Session 2: Trees Atlanta update on current advocacy activities
Tickets for the post-conference Canopy Cooler Networking Reception are available separately as an add-on purchase to your conference registration. Canopy Cooler – Reception Only tickets are also available.
Additional ticketing information available by clicking the Registration button below.
CEU Credits: ISA and Georgia PLA/ISLA
Scholarships and Volunteers: Limited number of scholarships will be offered based on need. Interested in volunteering at the event? Please contact email@example.com to apply. A limited number of opportunities will be offered based on need (scholarship) and skills needed (volunteers).
Questions? Please send inquiries and comments to Trees Atlanta Education
Interested in becoming a conference Sponsor? Please contact Judy Yi, Director of Education