News & Press
15th Annual Tree Sale & Jamboree—in a New Location!
Saturday, October 4, 2014 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Freedom Farmers’ Market at The Carter Center
453 Freedom Parkway NE, Atlanta, GA 30307
This year, Trees Atlanta’s Annual Tree Sale—its fifteenth!—will be held at The Carter Center. The new venue offers more space for the more than 1500 plants available for sale, as well as much more available parking.
The Tree Sale & Jamboree, held rain or shine, will offer trees, shrubs, perennials, and tree-safe vines for sale. It’s the best selection in town, including over 200 native and exotic species. Plus, there will be synergy with the Freedom Farmers’ Market, which takes place every Saturday from the beginning of March through December.
Don’t forget to pick up some of Atlanta’s finest compost for your new trees from CompostWheels while you’re there. You will also have the opportunity to take one of our curated shoppers’ tours that will focus on native, pollinator and shade trees available for purchase on site.
- 10:00 am: Tree Sale Walk – Georgia Natives
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm: Face painting, discovery table and environmental kid crafts
- 10:00 am – 1:00 pm: Ask the Arborist booth with ArborGuard and DeKalb Extension
- 10:00 am – 1:00 pm: Meet the Sheep!
- 10:00 am – until out: FREE CompostWheels compost for any purchase over $100
- 10:30 am: Tree Planting 101
- 11:00 am: Tree Sale Walk – Pollinator Plants
- 12:00 pm: 10:00 am: Tree Sale Walk – Right Tree Right Place
Those who donate more than $250 to Trees Atlanta are invited to attend a preview shopping Friday night the evening before the Tree Sale (4 pm to 6 pm only).