News & Press
Speaker Series: Fruit & Nut Tree Panel Discussion
Are you nutty about fruit & nut trees?
Join our panel discussion on Wednesday, August 6th as our expert panel reviews their participation in this field of arboriculture and answer your questions. Topics covered will include fruit and nut trees best suited for the Atlanta climate, how to plant these trees, what needs these trees have in the home landscape, and how to ensure ample fruit production.
- Robby Astrove: Robby is a fruit tree arborist and environmental educator specializing in orchards, greenspace conservation, and native plant restoration.
- Craig Durkin: Craig is the cofounder of Concrete Jungle, an Atlanta-based nonprofit organization that picks fruit from neglected urban fruit trees and donates it to local homeless shelters and food banks.
- Christina Gibson: Christina has worked on a wide range of projects as a graduate student and independently, specializing in ecological restoration, forest conservation, native medicinal plants, memorial park design, and local food system planning.
- Brandy Hall: Brandy passionately pursues engaging communities with their food production through education, design, and installation of holistic living systems.
- ISA CEUs offered: 1.5 hours
- In-season fruit and nuts will be available to sample during the welcoming reception at 6:30pm.
- Parking available at the Trees Atlanta Kendeda Center (225 Chester Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30316) or neighboring street parking.
Special thanks to the City of Atlanta for help supporting this Speaker Series.