Youth Tree Team
Help us maintain the Atlanta BeltLine Arboretum!
The Youth Tree Team is a select group of Atlanta high school youth and college student leaders. We are seeking candidates who have the following characteristics: initiative, professionalism, respect, interest in the environment, pride in your work, responsibility, and the ability to work well with a team.
The Youth Tree Team (YTT) works for seven weeks (June 4 – July 20, 2018) weeding, mulching, pruning and planting along the Atlanta BeltLine Arboretum and neighborhoods. During the program, students work Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. The beginning pay rate is $8.00 an hour.
The YTT also participates in leadership and team-building activities, receives job skills training, learns financial management skills, and networks with green collar professionals.
The Youth Tree Team Leads are college students and recent graduates that help guide and oversee the work YTT carries out each year. To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to Albert Wessinger at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Youth Tree Team Lead” in the subject line of your email.
Why Should You Apply?
- You will gain teamwork experience and make great friends
- You will earn $8/hour
- You will be trained in tree care and prairie restoration and maintenance
- You will exercise every day
- You will learn how to identify tree species
- You will learn leadership skills through training
- One day every week you will participate in an enrichment activity with local Atlanta leaders
- You will spend your summer doing meaningful work
- Your work will ensure the long term vitality of our city’s urban forest
This is a highly competitive program. Not all applicants will make it through each step of this process.
Step 1: Apply
Application deadline was Thursday, March 1, 2018.
Step 2: Join us for Challenge Day
Date: Saturday, March 17, 2018
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Place: Tapestry Community (829 E Confederate Avenue SE)
Step 3: Volunteer at a Tree Planting
Date: Saturday, March 31, 2018
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Place: To Be Announced
Step 4: Interview
Interviews will be held the week of April 2 to April 6, 2018.
Youth applicants must be currently enrolled in high school and a minimum of 14 years of age to be eligible.